Thursday, November 14, 2013

My ship comes in


The big blower truck aroused some envious curiosity on our street yesterday.  You have to realize that compost is like gold around here, and people lug it home in expensive little bags, or if they're feeling extravagant, have a yard delivered and dumped on the sidewalk.  And this was an entire ship loaded with riches, docked right in front of our house.   Ha ha, I thought selfishly to myself- get your own compost! Go away! There will be no sharing today!
 
Within a few minutes, they had the long hoses connected and the blowing started.  
It was dirty work but only took about 45 minutes to cover all the beds about 3 inches deep. Done.

I can't tell you how happy I am to put garden work behind me for a few short months.  But while I was gloating, the compost man mentioned that weeds "really love" fresh compost.  Gulp.  Hopefully the weather will finally cool off and everything stops growing.

Go to sleep, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment