Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mud baths, and such

This isn't me, but you get the picture.  I was happy to see my favorite bath attendant Trina this morning, and we remembered each other from past visits to Dr. Wilkenson's.  All I'm going to say is, hauling yourself out of the mud is not a pretty (nor co-ed) sight, but Trina has seen it all.  John hit the wine trail for two hours while I was buried, bubbled, steamed, wrapped, rested, released.  Ah.

After that, John suggested lunch at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) bakery.  What a good idea!  Except there were no parking places left in the lot. So we lined up for hamburgers after a traffic jam in St Helena.  That's the Napa Valley in September.

Then on to Sterling Winery-- the starting point being a fun gondola ride up the mountain.  The thing hanging on my neck is the "silver pass" entitling us to a special tasting on the very top deck.
I have never been to Greece, but guess I really don't need to go after this.  Sterling was modeled on a Greek Island, and maybe even better, because we were treated like royalty instead of tourists.  Between you and me, I think it might have to do with the "wow effect" of John's white Panama hat.


Enjoying the tasting...
And the best views of the Napa Valley.
And down below, real work going on with the crush coming in.  Someone has to do the work so the rest of us can drink wine all year.


No comments:

Post a Comment