Friday, December 29, 2023

Busy morning

 

I hit the gym with the early rats and shopped at Safeway on the way home. Then made pumpkin pies for dessert tomorrow, using gluten free frozen crusts from Trader Joes. Unfortunately, only available in the fall-- typical. Anyway, they're good, if that's something you need to care about. It's a real pain to make a GF crust from scratch.

Speaking of the gym, I'm Appled-up now with the latest. John bought me a new watch for Christmas, a nice surprise since I already had one, but not this fancy. 

I call it the "hypochondriac model" because it has a constant oxygen monitor and even a do-it-yourself EKG feature. It also checks for afib if you let it. I have not activated those heart features because an alert would probably scare me to death. And that would be counter-productive for a "health device." Haha.

To complete the Apple kit, I got some new Airpods using my credit card rewards. Oh my goodness, are they ever nice. Gyms are noisy, especially because they insist on playing that gosh awful music. When I switched on noise cancelling this morning, everything went quiet. There I was, in my own little private bubble. I felt irrationally rich. Silence is a luxurious thing. John says I'm a walking senior citizen advertisement for Apple. Not quite the look Tim Cook is seeking, but hey, our money is good as anyone else's.

We're getting the house ready now and looking forward to seeing the kids later this afternoon. They will stay until Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment