Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Up to code

 

At times over the past week, dynamite seemed like the more attractive option. Anyway, more money into the old money pit as they say, and now we're up to code. The inspector should be by in the next couple days to rubber stamp the new wiring system.

We did a final walk through with the electrician yesterday, and they did impressive work.  It was a huge, complex job and the crew was polite, clean and considerate. Nasty as it is, I'm sure they kept the wall damage to a minimum. As John says, it could have been much, much worse. We picked (or rather lucked out) with a good company.

Of course we're not done yet, but I have to hope the repair process won't be as stressful as the tearing apart. The Wall Doctor estimator pays us a call tomorrow morning. 

My upper back still hurts like bloody-you-know-what!  Is it worth the trip to the doctor to tell me what I'm already doing? Ice, rest, some gentle stretching. This project just about did me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment