Friday, April 2, 2021

Good Friday

 

Still too early for the tulips, but at least the yard is tidy for spring. Good thing, because after a few nice dry days it's going to rain again his weekend. April showers, and all that...

I bought a small Kurobuta ham at Metropolitan Market earlier this week. Yes, that sounds pretty fancy and it is a treat. The Snake River Farms website said they are sold out of their hams, but they also sell other kinds of artisan meats from family farms. The poor piggies at Safeway sell for 99 cents a pound. No respect.

John put in a request for scalloped potatoes to go with, and of course asparagus because it's Easter. I'd like a rhubarb pie, if I can find some at the store.  Supposedly the easiest plant to grow, I've never had success with rhubarb despite multiple attempts. It doesn't like it here. On our farm it grew like a giant weed.


The girls always make the sweetest handmade cards, and Maya drew this portrait for my birthday.  At least I think it's me, although I look like rather a stern Nana. I assure you I'm a pushover.  I can't stop smiling when I'm with those girls, they crack me up. 

The problem is too much Facetime and not enough Realtime this past year. They're taking a family camping trip over spring break, but we hope to see them again very soon.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend, dear friends and family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment