Saturday, April 18, 2015

A lovely farewell



Our family gathered yesterday at Resurrection Cemetery on a bright spring afternoon to honor and remember Dad.  We watched while his ashes were laid to rest inside this beautiful bench he will someday share with dear Wilda.  Our hearts were lifted by lovely words of Scripture spoken by Janice and Phil, and Rachel remembered a line from this poem:

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
that we still are...


Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?


I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.

All is well.

 by, Henry Scott Holland


 Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment