Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

The paper white narcissus are blooming just in time for Christmas. They smell beautiful, and I put them where I like to sit and practice my ukulele, although there won't be much plinky-plinky going on today.

Christmas Eve is a busy day and I'll bake cheesecake and make cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow.  I'll cook some sugar syrup and squeeze the amazing home-grown lemons my sister sends us each year from Las Vegas.  John bought me a rather deluxe citrus squeezer last week I'm looking forward to trying it out. A pitcher of lemonade has become an unusual (but refreshing) tradition here on Christmas day.

Nana and Grandpa are looking forward to the arrival of Amanda, Tom and two excited little girls late tonight.

Amanda has to work at the clinic in Twisp this morning, so they won't get an early start.  Unfortunately, snow is predicted in the mountain passes later today, but then-- winter driving is nothing unusual for them. God speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment