Monday, November 3, 2014

The blower man cometh

Bedded down for the winter?

I ordered the compost blowing service again this fall, and the truck came this morning with my seven precious yards. Yes, that's big heap of compost, and it would be a back-breaking job to spread it around by wheelbarrow.  I just tell the guys where I want it, go inside, have a cup of tea and they have the job done and cleaned up in about an hour.  Pure luxury. Better than a day at the spa!  Do I know how to treat myself, or what? 


We've had a string of very warm months and October will end up the second-warmest on record in Seattle.  And it's been wet too, even by Rainy City standards. We're at about 13 inches above normal for rainfall for the year.   What does this mean for the gardener?  More work. The perennials have been growing back as soon as I cut them down, and bulbs are spouting.  Hopefully a nice layer of compost will settle things down for a few months.  Spring comes early to the Northwest.
 

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment