Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dry


What a beautiful forecast for Seattle! I had such a nice day yesterday.  Everyone I came in contact with seemed thoughtful, kind and pleasant.  Is it the weather?

Now the big chore is watering, which has to be done by hand.  And no matter how much I run my cheap sprinklers, the ground stays bone dry as far down as I can dig.  I bought a new perennial called Bee Balm that needs to be planted and it's too dry now.  But flowers probably need less water than I assume because everything is at its July peak of beautifulness. Mercifully, the bamboo has finally stopped growing for the year.  (It needs heat+water, and it won't get one more drop from me.)

I usually drive to my little pocket gym and work out in the early morning, but who wants to trudge on a smelly treadmill when this is the view out the window?  Hummingbirds fighting over the Crocosmia, and birds taking expensive baths in the sprinkler water. 





The first red tomatoes yesterday-- and just in time for Nova and Maya this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment