Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Coffee mornings

My ankle seems to be getting better, except when it hurts.  Which is still most of the time. People tell me that's how the healing process works-- two steps forward and one step back.  Then one happy morning you just jump out of bed and don't even have to think about walking around pain-free.  "They" also say that slow healing teaches patience and humility and (hopefully) you never take ordinary things for granted again. Ha ha.

Speaking of jumping out of bed, the new mattress we bought last week is making that even harder.

 Sterns and Foster, Luxury, Firm, Euro Pillowtop

This is a bedroom at Sleep County USA and ours looks nothing like it, but a new mattress still makes you feel like the Queen of England. And I'll bet Elizabeth and Phillip don't share a bed this nice! The experience is like floating along on a very firm cloud.  After John goes to work, I lie there suspended in the dark for a while, drinking my coffee (which makes me cheerful) and considering what humans have been sleeping on since the beginning of the world-- mostly the ground-- or if they're lucky, a pile of grass and twigs.

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice! And sound nice to have it all to yourself! My bed is currently over run with snoring man, still sick Nova and baby.

    ReplyDelete